Artist's Statement

A quote from Grant Wood describes a condition from which he and many of us suffer: taking too much for granted. Wood said, "...To my great joy, I discovered that in the very commonplace, in my native surroundings, were decorative adventures and that my only difficulty had been in taking them too much for granted." Woods' words ring with truth. My goal as an artist is to capture the wonder of the often overlooked ordinary, the commonplace beauty around us, those little details that make all the difference in our daily lives. The rough hue of rocks, lush blue woodlands, weathered wood grains, and distant meandering dirt roads never cease to appeal to me. I attempt to share the beauty from which routine blinds us. My work can be purchased on ebay or by contacting me personally.

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Still Waters 16x20 150.00

This painting was inspired by a trip out West two summers ago. ...so many great photos. When I look at photos later, I sometimes wonder why a particular photo was taken. I don't see why I took that particular shot with a painting in mind. This photo, however, was NOT one of those. Still Waters was the result of a shot of two horses grazing in the early morning. They were different colors and postures, but the silence and peace was the appeal to me. I think I could live in South Dakota; of course, I would have to get some horses.

No comments:

Post a Comment