Artist's Statement

A quote from Grant Wood describes a condition from which he and many of us suffer: taking too much for granted. Wood said, "...To my great joy, I discovered that in the very commonplace, in my native surroundings, were decorative adventures and that my only difficulty had been in taking them too much for granted." Woods' words ring with truth. My goal as an artist is to capture the wonder of the often overlooked ordinary, the commonplace beauty around us, those little details that make all the difference in our daily lives. The rough hue of rocks, lush blue woodlands, weathered wood grains, and distant meandering dirt roads never cease to appeal to me. I attempt to share the beauty from which routine blinds us. My work can be purchased on ebay or by contacting me personally.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Cheaha View 12x16 60.00

I never get tired of Cheaha scenes. I suppose landscapes are my subject of choice, explaining why I enjoy plein air painting so much. Painting on the scene is truly a joy. This was one which I painted on sight.

1 comment:

  1. As such, the rolex watches store is capable of displaying only up to replica watches sale out of the ordinary for high precision mechanical rolex watches stores. The way the replica watches is of course absolutely ingenious the only caveat is that pretty much all its parts are hidden on the dial side. The one in the lower right of the replica watches uk clearly ends in the escapement wheel and then in the hublot replica sale wheel and so is the gear train of the main timekeeping function. The gear train in the opposite direction of the balance wheel, barely visible off to the lower left, is the one that drives the watches store counter of the rolex watches store. As in rolex replica sale is linked to the escapement wheel through a clever combination of vertical and horizontal clutches. An extensive wheel train that replica watches sale around the centrally mounted mainspring barrel.

    ReplyDelete